API Architect / Designer
The API Architect will contribute to best-in-class documentation, tutorials, code libraries, and sample code. You will define and implement guidelines, build or buy tools to allow product managers and developers to create standards compliant APIs. But also drive a roadmap that defines the modernization of existing APIs to meet today’s needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and/or review new APIs and upgrade existing APIs to be compliant with industry standards.
- Evolve the APIs to create multiple self-contained product modules that can be used by the customer independently or together.
- Work with Product managers to define Experience APIs that are used specifically to support our Digital Banking UIs, and other points of interaction.
- Ensure compliance of APIs to the OpenAPI specification and standards like FDX.
- Conduct code reviews and coach engineers.
- Write acceptance criteria and extend pipelines to ensure compliance with OpenAPI specifications.
- Take responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all developer documentation, tutorials, code libraries and sample code. Work closely with our Technical Writers.
- Manage the process of updating, versioning and publishing APIs ensuring that they don’t break existing customer implementations.
- Contributing to best-in-class documentation, tutorials, code libraries and sample code.
- Working with API Developers to navigate and overcome the constraints of the legacy architecture.
Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize).
- Computer science, systems engineering or certified Web Developer.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing Restful APIs using API description tools such as Swagger, RAML, API Blueprint, etc. at SaaS or Enterprise Software companies.
- 2+ years of experience with an API management platform/gateway like Apigee, Mulesoft, Tyk, WSO2 or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and security.
- 2+ years of know-how in implementing security and identity protocols such as OpenID, TLS, OAuth, SAML, SSO, PKI (encryption and key management), REST.
- You have the ability to write small amounts of code to test APIs.
- You understand not only today’s use cases but also future use cases for the API; you are able to design APIs that have “runway” i.e. evolve naturally to accommodate future use cases.
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement.
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be.
- You love to build and ship products.
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively.
- Positive Attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with technical and business experts.
- Willingness and ability to learn all aspects of test data management and associated tools
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Self taught.
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship.
- Degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering).
- Financial products experience.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering role and articulate various aspects of REST and GraphQL – like usage of verbs, how to design resources, how data should be modeled, how changes are versioned.